Interacting with the Fantom blockchain requires a compatible crypto wallet such as Metamask. However, MetaMask doesn’t have Fantom added as a network by default. Setting up your browser wallet to connect to Fantom is simple and can be done in just a few minutes.
1. MetaMask is available to download and install on Chrome, iOS, or Android through the MetaMask website. Always check if you are using the official website to make sure you’re downloading the real MetaMask extension.
2. After downloading and installing the extension, you’ll be greeted with the MetaMask welcome page. Click [Get Started] to begin.
3. If you’re creating a new wallet, click the [Create a Wallet] button. You can also import an old wallet using its seed phrase with the [Import wallet] option.
4. MetaMask will ask you if you’d like to share anonymous usage data with them to help improve the extension. Accepting or refusing this will not affect your MetaMask usage.
5. Choose a secure password to log in to your wallet from your browser. Note that this is not your seed phrase. The password is a security measure to prevent anyone using your device from accessing your wallet. If you forget your password, you can always access your crypto with your seed phrase.
6. After choosing your password, MetaMask will present you with information regarding your wallet’s seed phrase. Make sure to read through it if you aren’t familiar with how a crypto wallet works.
7. You’ll now be presented with your seed phrase. Click the lock to view the words and take note of them in the correct order. Keep the phrase in a secure place (preferably offline) and never share it with anyone. This string of numbers is the final backup of your wallet and its contents. Click [Next] to continue.
8. You’ll now have to repeat your seed phrase by selecting the words at the bottom of the screen in the right order. Click [Confirm] once this is complete.
9. Your MetaMask wallet will now be set up ready to use. Click [All Done] to view your wallet.